Don't miss this, our Super Speculist Sunday Show! Phil Bowermaster, Stephen Gordon, and Michael Darling visited about all things geeky.
Michael Darling filed his first "M Report" on fusion reactors. The picture above is Robert Bussard's electrostatic containment model for a small fusion reactor.
Phil's brought us a new "Tales of the Paranormal" and "Astounding Science Facts." And Stephen covered "Fun Tech!"
Click "Continue Reading" for listening options and the show notes:
Stream the program:
Or vist the FastForward Radio webpage at our audio host:
No photographic fakery here, except for that CITGO station.
- Phil also discussed the remarkable similarity between the Bigfoot on Mars and something in one of Phil's vacation photos.
- "The M Report."
Michael Darling spoke about the dream of fusion power and the need to pursue
Robert Bussard's reactor design.
Bussard's model is significantly different from the Tokamak design.
We're hoping that we push toward fusion purposefully, rather than hope for an accidental breakthrough as with AIDS in Nairobi.
Here's Robert Bussard speaking to Google a year or so ago.
- Astounding Science Facts:
- All blue eyed people are decended from a single individual who had mutant eyes.
- Astronomers have found a spiral galaxy that is rotating in two different directions. The inner part is rotating clockwise and the outer part is rotating counter-clockwise. How did this happen?
- New cat sized mammal discovered.
- Fun Tech:
- A company is building the robot from Lost in Space. It can be yours for $25,000.
Our front bumper is a sample of Marginal Prophets' "The Difficult Song."
You can subscribe with any podcast receiver software by copying and pasting this URL into your software's subscribe window:
We love audience participation. If you'd like to call in to the show, or get in on the FastForward Radio text chat, listen live! FastForward Radio goes live again next Sunday night:
Get all the details at Blog Talk Radio. While there, check out the past shows in the archive.
Email your comments, questions, suggestions, corrections, praise, or criticism: