Phil Bowermaster returns to FastForward Radio with a report on this year's Foresight Nanotech Unconference. Also, we have an audio interview with Dr. Zheng Cui who is developing a cancer treatment that works by strengthening the immune system.
Click "Continue reading" for listening options and the show notes:
Or visit the FastForward Radio Archive
Topics we covered:
- Stephen reported that baby powder really does kill fire ant beds.
- Here are the links YouTube videos that taught Stephen how to solve the Rubik's Cube:
- During the show we heard Phil's audio interview with Dr. Zheng Cui. Here's a link to Phil's earlier text interview with Dr. Zheng Cui. Scroll to the bottom of that interview for information on making a tax deductible contribution to this work.
- 2007 Foresight Unconference
- And check out the 2007 Foresight Unconference wiki
- Michael reported that philosophers have a name for the Star Trek transporter problem - the Ship of Theseus paradox.
- Once again, Stephen mentioned the film The Prestige. Here's his spoiler-filled review of that movie.
- A related question - would a brain prosthesis change who you are?
- Thanks to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, we may not need to worry too much about taking a trip by transporter any time soon.
Our front bumper is a sampling of Marginal Prophets' "The Difficult Song."
Our exit music this week is from Sonny Combs and Kitty Kat Rodeo. The song is "Anymore."
You can subscribe with any podcast receiver software by copying and pasting this URL into the subscribe window of your receiver software:
We love audience participation. If you'd like to call in to the show, or get in on the FastForward Radio text chat, listen live! FastForward Radio goes live again next Sunday night:
Get all the details at the FastForward Radio archive.
Email your comments, questions, suggestions, corrections, praise, or criticism: