Fast Forward Radio, Episode 10
This episode Phil and Stephen had the opportunity to interview author and space entrepreneur James C. Bennett.
We had a lot to talk about:
- Are we living in the Chinese Century?
- The dangers of utopianism for Singularity enthusiasts.
- Why, instead of a utopia we'll probably "muddle through" to the Singularity as Joel Garreau suggested in his book, Radical Evolution.
Here's the Speculist book review for Radical Evolution.
- How notions of trust between nations might figure into the immigration mess.
- The future of the Anglosphere in Space.
- Future projects that James C. Bennett is considering.
- This was the first show in which we were able to have outside callers. Our callers were the Speculist's own Kathy Hanson who also blogs at Beyond Words; Will Brown of The Warrior Class blog; and Andrew S - who frequently comments right here at The Speculist. Thanks to all callers for your thoughtful questions!
You can subscribe for free to Fast Forward Radio by clicking here if you have iTunes.
Or subscribe with other podcast receiver programs by copying the following URL into the subscribe window:
If you've missed past episodes of Fast Forward Radio, you can find them all at the Fast Forward Radio webpage.
Questions? Comments? Call us:
Normal long distance charges apply. You can reach the same number (and avoid long distance charges) by using Skype:
Click here to download Skype for free.
Call us with any comments about this show, or if you have a question you'd like us to address in a future show. All calls are recorded for possible use in a podcast or audio blog entry.