Fast Forward Radio, Episode 9
This week Phil and Stephen had the pleasure of interviewing sci-fi author Tobias S. Buckell.
And we covered a lot of ground:
- Mr. Buckell's recent sci-fi novel, Crystal Rain. The first third of the novel is available online at Crystal-rain.com. Here is The Speculist review, and here is the SciFi Channel review.
- Using blogs and other viral marketing devices to promote books. Other ways that blogging can help launch a writer's career.
- Tobias' participation in the Clarion Science Fiction Writer's Workshop.
- Tobias' favorite authors Cordwainer Smith and Bruce Sterling. And Tobias' favorite Cordwainer Smith short story, "The Game of Rat and Dragon."
- The sport of "balloon jumping" and how that could fit into the world of Chrystal Rain. We also got exclusive info on the Chrystal Rain sequel, Ragamuffin.
- Space: NASA v. The Private Sector. Tobias' column, "A Four Way Space Race."
- The Skyhook and airship-to-orbit concepts.
The Speculist now has a telephone number:
Normal long distance charges apply. You can reach the same number (and avoid long distance charges) by using Skype:
Click here to download Skype for free.
Call us with any comments about this show, or if you have a question you'd like us to address in a future show. All calls are recorded for possible use in a podcast or audio blog entry.
You can subscribe for free to Fast Forward Radio by clicking here if you have iTunes.
Or subscribe with other podcast receiver programs by copying the following URL into the subscribe window:
If you've missed past episodes of Fast Forward Radio, you can find them all at the Fast Forward Radio webpage.