FastForward Radio, Episode 14
In this episode:
- Phil's geek cred is put to the test. Can he name that tune? Can you?
- Next Phil and Stephen compare the merits of the Toyota Prius to the Hummer. Which is greener?
- Will solar power ever be competitive with electricity from the grid?
- And CO2 - is it an evil green house gas, or a potential resource? Popular Mechanics has more.
- After the break Stephen asks Phil whether The Speculist is more mystical or skeptical. This discussion quickly moves to Phil's recent lampooning of "The Secret." And don't miss Phil's follow-up post - "Reasonable Expectations."
- Lastly Stephen brings up a potential shortcut method for intersteller travel proposed by physicist Kip Thorne. Can we leverage relativity?
And, here are the books referenced in our podcast:
Music for this episode comes from Magnatune.com. The song we used to open the show and for the commercial buffer is...well, see if you can place it... but this version of the song is from DJ Cary. You can find it here. We closed with "Happy Blues" from artist Burnshee Thornside.
Just prior to publishing Episode 13, we changed the RSS feed for our show. Our apologies to our subscribers, but (if you haven't already done so) you will need to resubscribe to the show at this feed:
If you've never subscribed to a podcast before, your first step is to install podcast software. The most popular podcast software is the ubiquitous iTunes. Click here to download iTunes, or here to download other podcast receivers.